ss_blog_claim=3a367331136b8f78bb380513b69a41b6

Saturday, April 4, 2009

GODFATHER 2 HITS PC,PS3 AND XBOX 360 THIS WEEK -EXCLUSIVE GAMEPLAY VIDEOS AND REVIEW


The Godfather II is an intensely violent experience that routinely surprised us with the level of potential for sadistic combat. At its core, the game is a straightforward third-person action game with a few guns and melee weapons to go along with a lock-on targeting and cover system. But when you wear down your enemies' health, you can execute them in some truly horrific ways. The most gruesome is probably the baseball-bat execution, followed closely by the Tommy gun--both of which involve shoving these weapons into someone's mouth and your inevitable wince in response.
The Godfather II is a tale of two games, a blend of sandbox action and strategic resource management. The low-level mobster in you will want to parade around 1950s-era depictions of New York, Miami, and Havana causing as much wanton destruction as you possibly can, but you'll need to get in touch with your inner Mafia boss if you want to successfully progress through the story. Taking over and managing various rackets and crime rings is key, but so is keeping an eye on your own family and those of other organizations. We've had only a taste of what sort of strategic depth The Godfather II might offer in previous looks at the game, but we've recently been spending some time with a nearly complete version of this EA Redwood Shores-developed game to see how far we could dive into the Don lifestyle.

Each potential associate has a unique background and specialty, which determines his personality and class-based abilities. To give you an idea of a few specialties that exist out there, you can hire a medic who will revive you whenever you get taken out during combat, an arsonist who excels in making impromptu doorways in the sides of buildings, a safecracker who can get you some extra cash whenever you break into a business, and a bruiser who will reduce your odds of having the police called on you for random acts of violence on the street. You'll eventually be able to recruit more associates, and subsequently promote existing ones up the ranks from associate to capo to underboss. If you really want to get into the spirit of things, you can even customize each family member's clothing to give your group a signature look, like our collection of thugs clad in periwinkle leisure shirts.

Once you get your first associate, you'll need to take over your first racket, which are critical because they let you launder dirty money through a legitimate business. This usually entails finding a business controlled by another family, taking care of all of their guards, and then shaking down the owner. The last bit is especially fun because you need to rough them up to the point where they'll give in, but not quite fight back or die. Once you control a racket, you can seek out others like it for a crime-ring bonus. For example, if you control all of the prostitution rackets in New York, you'll get brass knuckles for all of your family members, and if you control all of the drug-smuggling rackets in Miami, you'll double your daily income. Each racket you own needs to be guarded against takeovers, but guards cost money that you might otherwise spend on upgrading the abilities of you and your crew, so there's a lot to consider.

Of course, you're not the only one managing the operations of a family filled with thugs and criminals; there are plenty of rival organizations out there looking to cause you trouble. Early in the game, your primary source of conflict is the Rosato family, the crew that operates the bulk of rackets in the modest-sized chunk of New York City that makes up the game's first act. You begin by taking over their businesses, but as the story progresses and the possibility of a truce becomes less and less likely, it's revealed that you need to do more than cripple their income; you need to take them out entirely.

To do this, you'll need to stage contract hits on the various family members. But it's not enough to kill them however you see fit; you need to know the right kill condition to send the appropriate message. This requires you to do a favor for people of interest, and if you fulfill your obligation (usually an act of violence on an enemy of theirs), you'll learn the kill condition. Some rivals need to be thrown from a building, some choked, and others run over with a car, to name a few.

Later in the game you'll move your operations to Florida, and eventually Cuba. The core mechanics of the game remain the same, but the scenery changes from Brooklyn townhouses to pastel-colored art deco buildings and Spanish architecture. The number of rival families you need to deal with also grows as the story expands into a web of shady alliances, corrupt government officials, backstabbing friends, and so on. Although you don't have much control of the story proper, you at least feel pretty invested in all of this crime and corruption due to your ability to strike deals with a number of government officials and keep favors from them until you find the right time to call them in. We'd like to give you an idea of how the story plays out, but with so many turns and twists, almost anything would be a spoiler.

At the heart of all of this is something called the Don's View. This is a screen that lays out the entire city in a fully movable 3D map, detailing all of the businesses, people of interest, and missions available to you. You can manage the number of guards stationed at your rackets, call in strikes on rival businesses, send your made men to defend a racket that's come under attack, and keep tabs of how close you are to controlling an entire crime ring. You can also examine the makeup of rival family trees, examining them before calling in a contract hit. Giving you a lot of ability to stretch your strategic muscles definitely seems to have been a big goal for the developer.

Altogether, The Godfather II should offer a few interesting twists on the open-world action genre that has become so common these days.

Watch The Review of Godfather 2 by Playboy Model Jo Garcia

48 comments:

sample papers said...

Was pleased reading about Goodfathe2!

Images said...

Thanks for the post. It was very interesting and meaningful.
Super Bowl Commercials 2012| Money Talks| Money Talks News| Bot and me|

Buy facebook likes said...

However, they can also buy facebook likes as an initial source of online business promotion.It was very difficult for me to handle my business crises; happening from past few months. It was my last try to boost my business promotion and I decided to buy facebook fans from www.fanbullet.com. Today, I have a successful business setup without any crises.

visit lofoten said...

This site is awesome. Thank you so much for giving plenty of practical information. I will bookmark this ebsiteand will be without doubt coming back. Once again, I appreciate all work and also providing a lot good tricks for readers.

hesi practice questions said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It's always nice .

financial planning courses said...

Thank you for such a fantastic blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

visit lofoten said...

I am very much pleased with the contents mentioned.I wanted to thank for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.

life insurance quotes said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.

Hosting said...

This blog have been helped me a lot to realize more things regarding the tax related issues which is very much interesting.You doing great job..thanks for sharing here.Web Hosting Providers

online photography course said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post. I wanted to thank for this informative analysis of the subject. I ate every bit of it and I submitted your site to some of the biggest social networks so others can find this blog.

hesi exam  said...

This is really my very first time here, great looking blog. I discovered so many interesting things inside your blog especially its discussion. From all the remarks in this articles, it appears such as this is often a very popular website. Keep up the truly amazing work.

health insurance comparison said...

This is really my very first time here, great looking blog. I discovered so many interesting things inside your blog especially its discussion. From all the remarks in this articles, it appears such as this is often a very popular website. Keep up the truly amazing work.

Asphalt in a Bag said...

This post was very nicely written, and it also carries a lot of useful facts. I appreciated your professed way of writing this post. Thanks, it is very easy for me to understand.

Career coach said...

This post is very interesting. I love you're writing style, I pray you keep up the amazing blogging, I'll definitly come back

lofoten restaurant said...

This blog Is very informative , I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog . It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really believe this site will do much better in the future.

wood shutters said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

buy facebook likes said...

I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

wrinkle treatment Sydney said...

Thanks for the post. I really enjoyed reading it and I think you made some good points! I am mainly involved with new technology to remove tatoo by laser without pain I really got a lot from this. Take care!

family life insurance said...

Likely to commence a business venture around the refers to disclosing your products and so programs not just to individuals near you, remember, though , to several potential prospects a lot more via the www often. earn money.

bottleless dispenser said...

Thanks for sharing this article here, I will look forward for you other post to learn new things.

diets that work fast for women said...

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part.

TEFL Courses said...

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info much. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

buy alexa rank said...

Thank you for such a fantastic blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

career coaching said...

This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some useful information from this site. Thanks for sharing this information.

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I be taught one thing tougher on different blogs every day. It will at all times be stimulating to learn content from different writers and follow somewhat one thing from their store. I’d want to make use of some with the content material on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Naturally I’ll give
Dissertation Writing service uk

jenifer said...

Good post, I always look for inspirational content and this article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. Immobilienmakler München has great experience in real estate they provide best service in dealing with property visit http://www.elvira-immo.de/ for more information.

kostüm karneval fasching said...

This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative.

Driver's Permit said...

When i believe the vast majority of the details, because this information provides light-weight where you can observe the fact and When i take good home elevators this kind of wonderful blog. It's very successful information produce myself as well as and new expertise learn from this.

home page said...

It’s exhausting to find knowledgeable individuals on this matter, however you sound like you already know what you’re speaking about! Thanks It is best to take part in a contest for the most effective blogs on the web. I’ll suggest this web site

weird marketing said...

I am a hard core gamer. I would definitely like to try the game.

Texas home construction loans said...

I will be extremely appreciated because of this website. The a great useful matter. That aid myself quite definitely to fix several issues.

agile project management training course said...

Thank you for this review. I can now have the idea on how to play this game.

pmp flash cards said...

I won’t let my kids to play this kind of PC game. It is because it is not really good for them.

montres occasion said...

I like the precious suggestions you shared with us in your expertly written blog post. I want to thank you for this. Thanks for sharing such a nice info with us. Fantastic writing skills. I appreciate this blog. Nice work.

real instagram likes said...

I agree with your Blog and I will be back to check it more in the future so please keep up your work.

Mario Games said...

Great post,Thanks for providing us this great knowledge,Keep it up.
A good blog.
---
Visit to friv than play games 2 girls and play game kids games ! have fun!

juegos de autos online said...

I quite liked your article girls go game , como baixar whatsapp

jogos de friv said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us.
----
i like play game click jogos online free and play game juegos pou

al3ab banat01 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amira said...


هل بدأت تشعر بالملل من Clash of Clans، هل تشعر بأن مراحل اللعبة أصبحت مكررة ولا جديد فيها؟،
هل تريد القيام بتحدٍ جديد؟، جهّز نفسك لأننا نريد أن نقدم لكم المنافس الجديد لها والتي ستتيح لك أنماط لعب أكثر وحرية أكثر!

فجر الأسطورة هي لعبة إستراتيجية مجانية وبسيطة والتي تسمح لك ببناء مملكة خاصة بك وتدريب جيوش كبيرة تحت سيطرة الابطال.
اللعبة تقدم أكثر من 150 بطل لتختار من بينهم، كل واحد منهم يستطيع أن يظهر لك قدرة خاصة.
يمكن أيضا أن ترفع من مستواهم، بل ويمكنك أيضا دمجهم لتطويرهم، والذي يمكن أن يعطيك أبطال غير عاديين بقدرات غير مألوفة!
الأبطال هم دائما قادة فريقك وجعلهم أقوى يساعدك في بناء فريق أقوى.

تعطيك اللعبة مهام خاصة كل يوم، والتي تسمح لك بالحصول على سلع ومواد محدودة.
الحصول على الموارد الأساسية مثل الذهب والفاكهة السحرية أمر سهل للغاية، يمكنك سرقتها من الممالك التي قمت بتدميرها في المعارك.
اللعبة تقدم بعض الإضافات المدفوعة أيضا ولكنها إختيارية تماما. العملة المدفوعة - الشهب،
تتيح للاعبين الحصول على أشياء رائعة مثل الدروع والتي تساعدهم في بناء بطل أكثر قوة!

لعبة فجر الأسطورة تحاول ببساطة أن لا تكون مجرد نسخة من "Clash of Clans" فاللعبة تقدم لك حرية أكثر، خاصة من خلال توفير الأبطال.
إختلاف اخر هو أن فجر الأسطورة تظهر لك المزيد من إمكانيات المعركة. يمكنك الإنضمام إلى الحلبة أو حرب التحالف.
الحلبة بها معارك يومية قصيرة بينما التحالف فعالية اسبوعية أكبر.
الأصعب لها جوائز أفضل. فجر الأسطورة متاحة بالفعل في متجر الاب للـiOS و Google Play للأندرويد. جربها الان!











Medical Value Travel India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!.....

Medical Value Travel India said...

its very cute. thanks too share.....

Tips and Tricks blog said...

I love that idea. Awesome Post..

Dr. BK Mohanti said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

Health and Wellness Blog India said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

Dr. Jagadish Chinnappa said...

Thanks for sharing that. It was fun reading it. :-)

Penile Implant said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

admin said...

The academic assignment is the best when it is written in the form of paragraphs because a proper paragraph formation is an exact format for its making. You must think about the real wordings that you are going to use it in every paragraph of your academic assignment. You must write in the form of clear and accurate sentence statement as it is very easy and compulsory to write so that the reader will read it accurately and properly. The main idea that you will put in your academic assignment it would be accurate and exact according to the content you are going to express in your academic assignment. While you research something you will find a lot of material at there so at that time you must be careful about the use of content in that area. The information you are going to discuss in your academic assignment must be to the point. Avoid wordy sentences use in the academic assignment because it will make it boring and unattractive as well for the reader if they want to read it in terms of increasing their knowledge when or if it is published on the web sources after your teachers will like it according to the publishing criteria. live assignment help
Economics HomeWork Help

Post a Comment